• Copies of your academic transcripts.

  • For academic programs below degree level: a UKVI approved IELTS test, dated within two years of your intended start date.

  • For most English language programs: your IELTS UKVI certificate.

  • For General English: a copy of your passport.

Read more about UKVI IELTS or contact us for more details.

Simply complete and sign the acceptance form we included with your offer letter and return the form along with your deposit.

If you hold a conditional offer, you can still accept it now. If you don’t meet your conditions for any reason, you'll receive a refund with no cancellation charges.

Use the course selector tool to check the eligibility requirements for any of our courses. If you want to discuss your options with us, get in touch – we'll be happy to help.

INTO University of East Anglia is an examination center for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) that offers exam dates throughout the year.

All students applying for a Student visa to study in the UK, at below degree level, must provide an appropriate IELTS Academic for UKVI certificate with their visa application.

Find out more about SELT providers here.

If you haven’t received your final transcripts and certificates yet, we can offer you a place on the condition that you achieve specific academic grades or English language test results.

Yes, you may need a visa for an INTO course. Find out here.

INTO Manchester and INTO London operate on the INTO Manchester sponsor license. Students at other INTO centers will be sponsored for their Student visa by their host university.

You may need to provide a bank statement in your name, or a caregiver's name, providing evidence of funds to cover:

  • your full tuition fees (unless you've already paid them)

  • for INTO London or INTO City, University of London students: £1,265 per month of study with INTO (up to a maximum of nine).

  • for students at all other INTO Centers: £1015 per month of study with INTO (up to a maximum of nine).

Students from some countries are required to provide a TB certificate. Find out more here.

  • An unconditional offer of study from INTO.

  • To have paid your deposit for your INTO course.

  • Your CAS number, which we'll issue once you've paid your deposit.

You can apply online via the UK Government website.

You may be able to apply for your next visa while you're still in the UK. To find out, speak to the Student Support team at your current INTO Center.

You will be able to work for a maximum of 10 hours per week, or 20 hours per week for Pre-Master's or degree-level students.


A tourist visa will allow you to study for up to six months. However, it is not possible to extend or switch this visa from within the UK.

Most of our centers can provide a walk-in English language assessment for the Academic English program.

Four terms of UK study will require a Student visa.

Our multinational centers educate students from all over the world.

Other pathway providers may accept our assessment, but you'll need to check with them.

'Guaranteed progression' means you'll be guaranteed a place to study at your center's partner university, as long as you:

  • successfully complete your pathway program

  • meet the minimum attendance requirements

  • meet the progression requirements of the university

  • follow the academic guidance of INTO staff throughout your pathway program.

Got a question about progression? Contact us.

We recommend that you apply as soon as you have received your Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from INTO.


The International Foundation pathway is an academic program designed to help you achieve the requirements for your chosen undergraduate degree program.

You'll also adapt to the British education system, improve your English language skills and set yourself up for success at a UK university.

The International Year One pathway is an academic program equivalent to Year 1 of a UK undergraduate degree (or Year 2 at Scottish universities). It will help you achieve the entry requirements for Year 2 of your chosen undergraduate degree program (or Year 3 at Scottish universities).

You'll also adapt to the British education system, improve your English language skills and set yourself up for success at a UK university.

The Pre-Master's pathway is an academic program designed to help you achieve the requirements for your chosen Master's degree program.

You’ll learn to study effectively at postgraduate level, learning skills such as research, English language communication, group work and effective time management.

INTO offers several academic English courses:

  • Academic English (AE): improve your English language level and gain the study skills needed for successful academic study at university.

  • Pre-sessional English: for students who already hold an offer for university study and are academically qualified, but need to improve their English language skills.

  • General English

At an INTO Choice center, you’ll start your UK studies before you select a university – giving you time to make your decision once you’ve settled in. Each Choice center offers progression to a range of leading universities, with personalized support to help you find your perfect fit.

Find out more about INTO Choice centers.

You can take a Secure English Language Test (SELT), or contact us to find out more about taking an INTO test. IELTS tests are Secure English Language Tests that are taken at approved testing centers and provide evidence of your English language level.

As an INTO student, you’ll be expected to:

  • attend classes on time

  • complete all coursework and exams

  • respect other students and staff

  • work hard inside and outside the classroom

  • ensure all work submitted is fully your own.

If you fail an assessment, you may be able to re-sit it.

Failing a course or having to re-sit may affect your choice of progression degrees, but our expert teams will advise you on your options.

We guarantee to find International Foundation students a place on an appropriate degree program at a UK university, as long as they:

  • successfully complete their International Foundation program

  • follow professional advice offered by INTO staff

  • meet minimum attendance requirements.

  • 3 years: the standard length of study for a UK undergraduate degree.

  • 4 years: the standard length of study for an undergraduate degree in Scotland.

  • 1 year: the standard length of study for a UK Master's degree.

Most of our centres accept students of 16 years of age and above.

General English is for everyday conversation. It will improve your English language skills but it isn’t designed to help students prepare for IELTS.

If you achieve the equivalent IELTS grade required by our INTO partner, you won’t need to re-take IELTS.


When you arrive at a UK airport, you'll need to enter the UK through Immigration. You'll meet an Immigration Officer who will check your documents.

Once you have been through Immigration you can collect your luggage and go to your INTO Centre.

Check your pre-departure guide for a comprehensive packing list.

Each airline enforces its own size and weight restrictions on hold and hand luggage, so check what your ticket allows you to bring.

Keep documents, essential medication (and related prescription), your phone and a change of clothes in your hand luggage.

You should arrive two days before your course start date. If you're late, you may miss classes and important induction events.

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you upon arrival at the airport.

To book a pickup, please complete the arrival details form and return it to the INTO Admissions Office for your chosen center at least seven days before you arrive.

All INTO Centers, accommodation and universities have Wi-Fi, so you'll be able to contact home easily.

You'll apply for accommodation as part of your program application.

Alternatively, you can always contact our admissions team to add accommodation later – however, spaces fill up quickly so we'd recommend applying as soon as possible.

Accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis in the UK. Once you've paid your accommodation deposit you'll be guaranteed your preferred accommodation.

  • Passport.

  • Visa documents.

  • CAS statement.

  • Transcripts.

  • Certificates.

  • TB certificate.

If you're staying in INTO accommodation, we'll provide you with essentials such as a pillow, duvet and bedding.


By bank transfer or credit card. Full details of your deposit, and how you can pay it, will be included in your offer letter.

You'll need to pay your fees before you start your course to avoid delaying your registration. If you're paying by credit card, you'll usually need to let your provider know in advance.

Refunds are only available if your visa application is refused or if you don't meet the required conditions.

Refunds may be available depending on when the cancellation is requested. Read our full Terms and Conditions or click here to submit a pre-arrival cancellation request.

Yes. You'll need to pay a deposit to hold a place on your chosen course until six weeks before the course starts.

If you've applied for accommodation, you'll need to pay an additional deposit to guarantee your space.

INTO Centers in the UK have partnered with Ingenico – one of the world’s major payment providers – to take payments via Ingenico’s GlobalCollect platform.

Working with Ingenico allows us to offer a broader range of secure payment methods and currencies in many countries across the world.


We recommend you bring enough cash to cover the costs of your first two weeks.

Please don't carry large amounts of cash. Check our country guides to find out how we help you set up a bank account.

Yes – you'll need full travel, medical and health insurance.

Unless you provide proof of suitable insurance during the application process, Uniplan Insurance will automatically be added to your course fees.

You'll be given this during your first week at INTO.

If your information changes before you arrive, you should inform the admissions team that processed your application.

If your details change during your studies, you'll need to give your new information to the administrative staff at your INTO Center or universities.

Most UK study destinations offer a wide range of restaurants serving authentic food from around the world, as well as speciality Asian supermarkets and other international stores.

Yes. Larger supermarkets usually have a halal foods section. You'll also find speciality halal food shops in many cities.

Yes. Universities offer a large variety of cuisine on campus, so you'll always be able to find vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, halal and gluten-free options.

You can open a UK bank account after you arrive and register at the INTO Center. Our student services will guide you through this process during your induction week.