In most cases, to apply for an undergraduate or graduate Pathway program, you’ll need to take an IELTS or TOEFL iBT. Minimum language requirements are different for each program and degree, so check the requirements on the program pages. You won’t need to take these tests before applying to the Academic English, General English, Campus Year Abroad or Study Abroad with English programs. You can learn more about visas here.

Accepting your place is easy! Even if you hold a conditional place on a course you can still accept your offer. If, for any reason, you don’t meet your conditions, you'll receive a refund with no cancellation charges payable.

To accept your place, just complete and sign the acceptance form we included with your offer letter and return the form along with your deposit.

Your deposit is part of your total payment which usually includes deposits for the tuition fee and accommodation. You can find the required deposit amount in your offer letter.

If you are going to study in the UK your deposit will also include fees for Uniplan medical insurance. If you are planning to study in the US you will pay your health insurance fees after you arrive at the university.

Your offer letter will explain your different payment options. If you are a sponsored student, (a student that receives financial assistance from a government, organisation or company,) you’ll only be required to pay a deposit for items not provided by your sponsorship, such as accommodation.

If you have any questions about your offer, your course, accommodation, or anything else please contact us or your education counsellor.

You can check details about eligibility requirements for each course or program at any of our universities by using the course selector. If you want to chat with us about what the best choices are for you, we are happy to help!

When you submit your application to a Pathway, you'll need to provide these documents: a copy of your passport, copy(ies) of your academic transcripts and certificates of all high school and post-secondary education, a copy of a valid English language exam, and proof of financial support for your first year of expenses (bank letter or certificate). If you are already studying in the US, you also need to submit a copy of your US visa and current I-20 form. If someone other than you will be paying for your studies, then you need to submit an official financial guarantee from a sponsor or an affidavit of financial support signed by the person whose name appears on the bank letter or certificate.

Don’t worry if you haven’t received your final transcripts and certificates yet. We can always give you an offer that’s conditional on achieving specific academic or English grades. When you provide your final certificates and meet the conditions of your offer, we will change your offer to an unconditional one.

All our centres are multinational and we have students from all over the world. Learn more about what to expect when you a study abroad.


The Pathway programs at our US university partners allow you to earn credits toward your bachelor's or master's degree while improving your academic and English language skills. You can save time by entering a Pathway program if your language scores and grades don't quite meet the university's direct entry requirements.

You’ll be expected to: attend classes on time; complete all coursework and exams; respect other students and staff; work hard in, and out of, class; and, ensure all work submitted is your own. Learn more about INTO's international study specialists.

If you fail an assessment you may be able to re-sit it. Failing a course, or having to re-sit, may affect the choice of universities you can progress to. But, we’ll be there to advise you on your options.

100% of INTO students who pass pathway courses progress to higher education.

We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.

As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:

  • successfully completing an interview;

  • having previously studied a relevant discipline;

  • having previously completed a degree; or

  • having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.

Normally it will take you four years to complete a standard bachelor's degree in the US, including the undergraduate Pathway. Most master's degrees in the US are designed to be completed in two years. Some terminal master's degrees (such as the MBA) are designed to be completed in three years. A PhD takes about five years to complete.

On this course you’ll study Academic English. You’ll learn how to develop your academic skills such as researching and presenting, alongside improving your English.


When you arrive in the US, you'll need to present the following to the Immigration Officer: Passport with new visa inside, I-20, I-94 Card (small white card you'll be given on the plane) and a Customs form. You should also have your admission letter and proof of finances in your carry-on luggage in case you are asked to show them. You'll then need to collect your baggage. We do our best to have staff and students waiting to greet you when you arrive at the airport near your university. If you requested an airport transfer from us, we will arrange transportation from the airport to your accommodation.

Only pack as much as you can physically carry! Most airlines allow 20–23 kg of checked luggage and there are strict size and weight restrictions on all hand luggage. Make sure that you keep documents, essential medication (and related prescription), your phone and a change of clothes in your hand luggage. Check the pre-departure guide for a more detailed packing list.

In the UK, you should arrive two days before your course start date. If you're late, you may miss classes and important induction events. In the US, your student visa allows you to enter the country 30 days before the program start date. If you will live on campus and choose to arrive before the assigned move-in date, you will need to arrange your own temporary housing. Check the pre-departure guide for to find information about local hotels.

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you upon arrival at the airport. To book a pickup, please complete the arrival details form and return it to the INTO Admissions Office for your chosen Centre at least seven days before you arrive. In the US, we do our best to have staff and students greet you at the airport near the university when you arrive.

All universities and centres have Wi-Fi, so you'll be able to Skype home. You may also want to check with your mobile/cell phone operator before you leave to ensure it will work in your destination.

You'll apply for accommodation in your course or program application. If you do not apply for accommodation when you apply for your course, you can contact our admissions team to add accommodation later. We do recommend that you apply for accommodation as early as possible since space fills up quickly at each of our centres.

Accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis in the UK. Once you've paid your accommodation deposit you'll be guaranteed your preferred accommodation. Some of our US universities require on-campus housing for students with an undergraduate Pathway in their Study Plans; your housing is guaranteed if it is a requirement for your program.

Each country has specific visa requirements which we will help you to understand.


You can pay your fees by bank transfer or by credit card. Full details of your deposit, and how you can pay it, will be included in your offer letter.

You'll need to pay your fees before you start your course to avoid delaying your registration. If you're paying by credit card, you'll usually need to let your provider know in advance.

Refunds can only be made where visa applications are refused or you don't meet the required conditions.

You'll need to pay a deposit to hold a place on your chosen course up until six weeks before the course starts. If you have applied for accommodation, you will need to pay an additional deposit to guarantee your placement in accommodation.

INTO Centres in the UK and US have partnered with Ingenico, one of the world’s major payment providers, to take payments via Ingenico’s GlobalCollect platform.

Working with Ingenico allows INTO to offer a much broader range of secure payment methods and currencies in many countries across the world.

This is why you will see GlobalCollect’s name on your bank statement and not the name of the INTO Centre in question.

You will also see GlobalConnect as the account name for local payments.


We recommend you bring enough money to cover your first two weeks costs. This should be around £250 or $400. Please don't carry larger amounts of cash. Check our country guides to find out how we help you set up a bank account.

You'll need to have full travel, medical and health insurance. Unless you provide proof of suitable insurance during the application process, we will register you for appropriate medical insurance for your study plan. If you will study in the UK, Uniplan Insurance will automatically be added to your course fees. If you will study in the US, you will pay your fees after you arrive at your university.

You'll be given this during Welcome or Orientation Week. Once you have your student card you'll be able to use all the facilities on campus.

If your information changes before you arrive you should inform the admissions team that processed your application. If your details change while you are at the centre or university, you'll need to give your new information to the staff at your centre or university.

Yes! Most cities have European restaurants and grocery stores, Asian supermarkets and other international stores which sell authentic ingredients. Larger cities have a Chinatown district and international neighborhoods with restaurants that offer authentic cuisine. Please plan to share your home recipes with university staff and classmates.

Yes! Many larger supermarkets will have a halal foods section. You'll also find halal food shops in many cities, particularly in the UK and in larger cities in the US.

Yes! Universities offer a large variety of cuisine in on-campus dining halls and restaurants, particularly in the US. You will always be able to find vegetarian, Kosher, halal and gluten-free options. In most cases, university dining services will take student suggestions for recipes, so if you want to see a specific item on the menu, please ask!