Diploma in Engineering
Your pathway to the second year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) at The University of Western Australia (UWA).
Spend your first one or two trimesters building your academic and English language study skills, while improving your maths and physics knowledge. Then, in as little as five months, join first-year UWA engineering students in your final trimester as you study the same university subjects alongside them for a truly integrated experience.
English Language Requirements
30 September 2024
03 February 2025
06 October 2025
- Progress to UWA, ranked in the world top 50 for Mineral and Mining Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering; and in the world top 100 for Civil and Structural Engineering (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- Wrap-around support system provides students with ongoing and targeted support, including additional subject guidance and English language advice during their final trimester.
- Units in 'Academic Conduct Essentials' and 'Indigenous Studies Essentials' prepare you for study at UWA.
- Students who pass the program will be awarded the Diploma in Engineering with 48 transferable credits to UWA.
- Units are based on existing UWA level 1 units, providing the best preparation for entry to the second year of study at UWA.
- UWA's EZONE facility offers a world-class innovation and tech hub for engineering students, with flexible spaces for collaborative learning and industry interaction.